Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MySQL, not Yours (IRLS672-Unit 9)

This week was pretty ok. I had used MySQL previously, but needed to look a bunch of stuff up as I was working. I really like the W3 schools tutorials and the UACBT videos were ok (but a bit slow at first). I know that we were supposed to make a real project, but I still feel like the Gender & Sexuality Resource database I made is a bit hypothetical. It would be cool to work on a real-life project, get the actual experience, and get to know some of the advanced functions. Too bad I don't have time to do an internship or something. I think I will go through some of the MySQL community forums and tutorials though because it's people who use this everyday and have insight far beyond my mediocre capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment