Monday, October 3, 2011

Installing DSpace (IRLS675-Unit 6)

The DSpace install went super smooth after I re-installed it using the proper version. I had attempted to install the older version with a different password and it messed up, so when I installed the newer version, I just went with the default passwords and it was fine. In looking over alternative DSpace installation instructions, the duraspace wiki seemed a bit confusing and several people in the comments section pointed out errors in the command line codes. The SunScholar wiki, however, seemed very well organized and easy to follow. I think I could probably figure out how to do this on my own, but it's very helpful to have the instructions tailored to my specific use in this course since it was a no-brainer to just follow the professor's code.

No comments:

Post a Comment