Monday, May 30, 2011

Virtually Speaking (IRLS672-Unit 2)

This week, I got myself all set up with the remote desktop ("virtual machine") and also got Ubuntu loaded using VMware. There were several tutorials to help us get acquainted with the linux environment on our remote desktops. I appreciated them all in their own way. The video tutorials through UACBT were very helpful because we got to see visually how it's done and hear someone talk us through it. It engaged more of the senses so it sunk in to my brain. It got a little complicated at some points, but it's just more things to look forward to figuring out.

The text-based tutorials from Linuxcommand were also helpful and I found them to be a good way to build on the video tutorials. The text-based tutorials focused more on beginning to memorize the actual commands. I can see these being a good "cheat sheet" when we are doing assignments and I can't remember how to do something.

Overall, I found the combination of these two learning types to be most beneficial as I try to sort out this new system of operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment