Monday, September 19, 2011

Drupaling My Collection (IRLS675-Unit 4)

Right now, Drupal doesn't seem ideal for a music collection. First of all, audio files tend to be rather large, so I would use up a lot of digital storage space very quickly. I use Drupal to manage the SIRLS webpage too, but we utilize iTunesU for hosting our podcasts. I suppose if this was a real project, I would have to seek copyright permissions from all of the artists in my collection, but it would be great to figure out how to stream the music online instead of uploading an mp3 that other people download. I'm not sure at this point how to do that in Drupal, but it would lessen the problem of contributing to the music industry's pirating problems if the items couldn't be directly downloaded. I'm wondering what other programs might be best for audio file sharing without infringing on copyright as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment